SPOTLIGHT!

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

New Album: Capsule - Stereo Worxxx & New Single: Step on the floor


Capsule are finally back with a new album and I simply can't believe it's been almost a year since they released World of Fantasy. Toshiko Koshijma and Yasutaka Nakata are back on that grind. I see that Toshiko went for the longer hair this year, probably because MEG's hair is getting shorter by the minute.

Anyway so far I really like the cover, but I'm not feeling the hair. I preferred the wig she was sporting on World of Fantasy, but as long as the album slays my life I'm cool with it. The album is set to be released on March 7, a good month from now. The first single "Step On The Floor" was released today at midnight on the Japanese iTunes-store. They just have released the new track list:

Standard Edition
1. Feelin' Alright
2. Never Let Me Go
3. In The Rain
4. Dee J
5. Step On The Floor
6. Tapping Beats
7. All The Way
8. Motor Force
9. Transparent
Limited Bonus Disc
1. Feelin' Alright ( Extended-Mix )
2. Never Let Me Go ( Extended-Mix )
3. In The Rain ( Extended-Mix )
4. Dee J ( Extended-Mix )
5. All The Way ( Extended-Mix )
6. Motor Force ( Extended-Mix )
The tracklist's length is pretty much what we get every year from Capsule, not to long and not to short. I guess they rather have less songs than having a filler in there that ruins the whole thing. As to the single "Step On The Floor", is quite nice I won't go all in on a review, because I only listened to it once. What I could make out, is that there's a lot of vocals and the production stinks of Perfume's latest album JPN. Yes, I get it Nakata had his fingers on both projects, but I would have wished that he went with something well...how to put this, more "original". Don't get me wrong I like the song, but it didn't slay my life as much as the single "World of Fantasy" did or the album track "PRIME TIME". Yes, I am a fan since last year, and I know that they're sound used to sound different and less mainstream, but still before you roast a bitch let me tell you that I also enjoy they're older work.

Give "Step On The Floor" a listen here.

I guess, at this point I'll just shut up and give the new single another listen, don't be shocked if I comeback an edit my opinion on this one.

2 comments:

  1. Ohai!! I think the album will be better than JPN possibly lol. it might be another WoF, I've been a Nakata fan since 2010, I have all his past works too from LDK onwards

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I'm not quite sure about it...this new song,sounds nothing like "WoF" to me...so I don't think the rest of it might sound different. I really hope it'll have a similar sounds to "PLAYER".

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...