SPOTLIGHT!

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Koda Kumi releases PV preview's for JAPONESQUE

Finally, things are starting to definitely roll for Kumi-stans like me. I'm actually really excited after I watched several previews and I have to say they are very promising. Kumi might be pregnant and married but she's making sure that she's going out with a BANG! Bitch, is letting Ayumi Hamasaki look lazy.

From all the previews I've watched, there's not one that screams "filler". In fact the production of every PV I've seen so far is top notch. I bet Jessie J is about to snatch Kumi's director because what Ray Kay did for "Domino" was a literal blasphemy.

I've prepared, a big treat for you after the jump. I've summarized my thoughts on every video. Can't believe I could be bothered, to do this. But hey it's Kumi after all, my #1 Jpop-hoe and she's coming for wigs.





So let's break it down, the song and video for "So nice" takes the cake. The song is very reminiscent of earlier smashes like "Under" and "Amai Wana", the video can be definitely compared to "Aishou" from the Kingdom-era, but the slutier and more gangsta version. The title of this track says it already..."sooo nice".



"Love technique" is comparable to most of her cutesy videos, but with a fun twist like "Bambi" or "Koi no Tsubomi" from back in the day, very nice. The song's all right too. I didn't find it annoying and Kumi is beyond cute, she's flawless.



Bitch, done went and snatched Namie's concept for "Love Game", but I can't hate on it she gave me more swagger in 30 seconds, than Namie ever could in all her videos. Kumi is coming for wigs, and improved the trashing of weave, no hair pieces for dinner this time. I like her style so far, and it's an improved version of "Be my baby".



"Everyday" is a feel good song. I'm loving it already, the video is very "Wonderland-esque" and "Twinkle-ish". Nothing wrong about that. I love it when Kumi goes for the RnB route, she should stick to this sound, it fits her perfectly like a pair of Christian Louboutins. She's simply adorable.



This has to be one of the songs that I'm not really looking forward to. "Brave" is giving me nothing, well, at least nothing that she didn't give me over the past decade. She's had tons of songs like this one, "Stay with me" comes to mind.



"No man's land", is a nice song. But I'm not the biggest fan of Kumi's rock songs, but the video is shaping up to be a nice treat. I can clearly see, Avex did invest a lot of money in this album-cycle.

Before I go, why the hell had T-Pain have to come and ruin "V.I.P.", he's rap-section is just wrong.



Thoughts?

3 comments:

  1. I love each PV preview and song of this era. I think she has cought the best things in the past and mix with some stuff new and that´s JAPONESQUEa mix between past and present style. Love it. I don´t like V.I.P. rap meh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me neither I will continue to listen to the original version. :)

      Delete
  2. I hate to say this but she snatched Ayu's wig for me. Everything i this era has been flawless so I'm expecting a flawless album.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...