SPOTLIGHT!

Friday, November 25, 2011

Music Video: Crystal Kay - Superman


It's finally here Crystal Kay's new video for Superman.

Now. I like the song a lot, but I still wished she would have released "Konya wa #1" as a single, because in my opinion it's so much better than this. But the song is good for what it is. The video is better than some of her past efforts, but some scenes looked really cheap. I know her video's are not really an event to speak of in general, I mean "After love ~First boyfriend~" was a snooze-fest of a video, but at least there was quality behind and it had a beautiful visual.

Another thing I really didn't like was the randomness of the scenes. There were almost seven different styles/characters/personas. We had: The cute one, the Janet knock-off, the pink wig mess, the Beyoncé diva, Umbrella girl, car commercial Kuri, black n white bitch, and finally retro 90's Kuri. This all thrown in, in one single mix and it's causing me a head-ache. Who ever came up with this idea or edited this video needs to be sacked. He needs to GO! She should have went for the dancing scene instead, plus one or two other styles. 

As to the dancing, she's not the greatest dancer, but you can tell home girl worked her butt off at those dance-classes. I really like the Janet vibes she's giving me, she owned the damn choreo and the breakdown during the bridge...dead. Werk bitch!

Now let's hope this song will do her good and keep her relevant on the Oricon charts. I'm expecting an album by May 2012. You betta note that down somewhere, girl! I love CKay and I'm so happy she's bag, JPop is simply not the same without her. "Konnani chikaku de" is to this day still R&B crack!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...